Planning a bike tour? This site is all about inspiring and helping you to get out and travel by bike.
It’s written by us, Friedel & Andrew. We’ve cycled in 33 countries and by 2010 we’d covered over 60,000km. At that point, we stopped counting but on average we cycle 4,000-5,000km a year.
Where to start? That’s a good question. This website contains hundreds of articles and resources.
You may also want to read some of the most popular articles on this website.
- Inspiration To Take Your First Bicycle Tour (also recommended: the Sweet Life of Bicycle Touring)
- How Much A Bike Tour Will Cost
- The $100 Touring Bike (or why you don’t need an expensive bike to go touring)
- Ten Places To Ride Your Bike Before You Die
- A Lightweight Packing List (see also A Simple Packing List, Packing Tips For Women and Overpacking: What One Bike Tourist Left Behind)
- Packing A Bike In A Cardboard Box For Flying
- Flying With A Bicycle In A Plastic Bag
- Tips For Packing Bicycle Panniers
- Best Tires For Bike Touring
- What You Need To Know About Panniers
- Choosing Luggage Racks For Touring
- Advice For Wild Camping
- Insurance For Bicycle Tours
Get in Touch if you still don’t see what you’re looking for. We’d love to share what we know and help plan your next cycling trip.
For years now, our trusty tent for bike touring and camping has been Hilleberg’s Nallo 3GT but this summer we retired our Nallo 3GT in favour of something bigger: the Decathlon Quickhiker Ultralight 4 tent. read more...
Our review of the Radical Design Cyclone IV Trekking Trailer. In short: we love it! This trailer has made our packing much easier, now that we have to carry gear for three. read more...
The 2nd edition of our Bike Touring Survival Guide is now available! The book now totals 450-pages (or 128,000 words) of bike touring guidance. Thank you for helping us to make it happen. read more...
Caution: this post is being written to the soundtrack of the Teletubbies. As parents of a two-year old, free time is a precious commodity. Bribery is frequently required. Since an episode of the Teletubbies only lasts 24 minutes, we’ll keep this short and sweet. It’s the story of our Easter tour: six days through Luxembourg, Belgium, read more...
The Vennbahn is a 125km rail trail that runs through Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany. We’re planning a trip on it and here’s the information we’ve gathered so far. read more...
Looking for summer bike touring ideas? These four routes have been nominated for the “Route Of The Year” award. The winner will be announced at an upcoming Dutch bike show. read more...
- Mavic XM719 Rims: Probably Not Suitable For Loaded Touring
- Tips For Cycling Tajikistan’s Pamir Highway
- Loading Up A Brompton Bike For Touring
- A Free Guide To Cycling Across Australia’s Nullarbor
- Bike Touring Books For Your Winter Reading List
- First Test of MacPac’s Prophet XPD Rain Jacket
- More recent items »