You know you’re on a bike tour when…
This made us laugh. We can’t take credit for it, but we’re sure you will enjoy it if you’re a bike tourist, and even if you’re not this is as good an insight as any into our daily lives! Thanks to Dave and Suzi and their tour journal for our daily smile.
Top signs you’re on a bike tour:
- You hoard plastic bags to use at camp for trash, etc.
- You call using a couple of wet wipes a ‘shower’
- You eat every lunch outside a grocery store, usually while sitting against its wall
- You make sure your jersey pockets are always well stocked with bread
- You dry your sweaty clothes from the day before by attaching them to various parts of your bike while riding the next day
- It’s a rest day and you miss riding your bike
- You feel strange sleeping indoors
- Your biggest clothing decision is which lycra to wear that day
- You eat a whole loaf of bread for lunch
- You greet livestock as you’re riding by
- It doesn’t faze you much to ride 90km on a busy freeway.