* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated * On Saturday we went to a reunion in Central London of Allisonians living in the UK. The MtA president Ken Ozmon and his wife Elizabeth were there and updated us on everything going on at the university. It was also pointed out to us that Andrew’s 10-year reunion is coming up, though we don’t think we’re likely to make the trip. It’s always good fun to meet friends from back home so thanks very much to Eric Brown for organising the afternoon.
You Are Viewing London
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *Today our bicycles took us to the Thames Barrier, the flood protection for London. It’s in the east of the city, past lots of grotty industrial estates and near City Airport, but despite this the barrier itself is almost elegant with its silver sails rising up from the river. On the way back we skirted through Canary Wharf, getting home just before the sunset at 4pm.
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *A very happy New Year to all our family and friends. We had a wonderful night. Dinner with friends in Brixton, then up to the centre of London to watch the fireworks, which were amazing! Then it was a quick cycle ride home. Bike was definitely the best way to travel, since there was a strike on the tube. Yay for pedal power.
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated * I found some lamb shanks on sale and stocked up and wow, have I ever been enjoying them! The meat is just so tasty, it practically melts in your mouth, and when you make a recipe like Braised Lamb Shanks the gravy is nothing short of amazing. Add in some mashed potatoes and I’m in heaven!
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *We took a little trip through the City of London on Monday afternoon and stopped at the Swiss Re Tower, better known as the Gerkin, the Bank of England and finally just by our house to take a picture of a rainbow over Canary Wharf. It was a bit chilly but good to get out of the house and get some excercise after a wonderfully filling meal with our friends, Conny and Mel, the day before.