* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated * We went to the Taste of London food fair today, the second year we’ve been. It’s a bit expensive but we love it. A great chance to taste a little sample of the food from dozens of London restaurants, which we would probably never get a chance to eat a full meal in. The crispy squid in the picture was the highlight by far. It is just so good. Hot, fried but not too greasy, salty, spicy, zesty with lime all at once. We think we’ve died and gone to heaven when we eat it.
You Are Viewing Britain
Well after a considerable length of time; we’ve got a new look FT.com It’s been a lot of work recently to get this working together, but it looks great. * WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *
What fun. Came home today after a massive rainstorm in London to find water leaking through the ceiling and into our closet. Who’d have thought it — after threats of a drought for weeks, now we’ve had so much rain in one day the building just can’t handle it. We are on the ground floor and the maintenance man thinks it may be a problem through all six floors! Credit for the photo goes to flickr’s mrlerone
We are really loving our cycling. So much so that on Sunday we decided to tackle one of the classic British trips — London to the seaside town of Brighton. We weren’t sure if we’d make it, to be honest, but somehow our legs held out for all 130km of cycling. Yes, that’s right, 130km or about 80 miles down the National Cycle Networks 20 and 21. Phew! Many people start from just inside the M25 but we started from the Thames, thus the slightly longer distance. We were really impressed with how well signed the route was until Crawley, but from Crawley onward it got really difficult. We highly recommend the Sustrans map if you’re going to attempt this one. Some stats:
* We spent 7 hours 49 minutes on our bikes pedalling
* We averaged 16.2km/hour
* Our fastest speed was 43.5km/hour
* We went a total of 127.66km
* We started at about 8am from the Cutty Sark in Greenwich and reached Brighton Pier at just past 6pm
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *We had a wine tasting party recently to celebrate Friedel passing her WSET exam and you can see what we drank. It was good fun but next time we would choose fewer wines — it took us a while to get through so many. We’d make sure there was more food too. Everyone ate a lot more than we’d expected.