Cycling The Netherlands
It’s a nation that’s absolutely crazy about the bicycle, with more bikes than people!
As a visiting bike tourist, this means you can benefit from a phenomenally well developed bicycle network, including thousands of dedicated paths and free guarded bike parking in cities.
While you’re here, you can also:
- Brush up on the Dutch master painters. Museums across the country feature paintings by Rembrandt and Vermeer.
- Sun yourself on the beaches of the North Sea. Or simply ride along the dunes on tranquil bike paths.
- Waltz through the tulip fields. Come in mid April or early May for the best display of colour! Read more.
- Fill up on apple cake and pancakes. Traditional Dutch food is hearty and comforting.
We’re so crazy about cycling here, that we created a free eBook with 20 Tips For Bike Touring In The Netherlands.
Simply click on the book to download your free copy.
More information about bike touring in The Netherlands:
- The Best Season For A Bike Tour Is…
- Where To Go
- Free Campsites For Cyclists
- Insider Tips For Cycling In The Netherlands