We came up with this one when we were almost out of fuel for our stove so whatever we made had to be simple and quick.
This dish is not fancy, but it is very fast to make and filling! If you aren’t running out of fuel, you might cut the amount of beef down and make some pasta or rice to serve with the chilli.
- 300g ground beef
- 400g tin mushrooms, drained and quartered
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained
- 500ml canned tomatoes or passata
- Packet of chilli seasoning or
- Dried cumin, chilli flakes, pepper and coriander to taste
Making it couldn´t be simpler. Just brown the ground beef, adding the mushrooms after a couple minutes. Once the beef is cooked, add in the kidney beans, tomatoes and seasoning and heat through.
To make this dish more interesting, fry an onion and some garlic with the meat. Add in some chopped carrots or grate some cheddar cheese on top.