This is one for when you’re cycling in Italy, on a warm summer’s day.
Buffalo mozzarella is so cheap there, it’s a shame not to take advantage and here’s a very simple way to enjoy it, with a traditional Caprese Salad.
You can buy small bottles of olive oil in Italy, perfect for dishes like this.
- 1-2 package buffalo mozzarella
- 3-4 tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 2-3 tbsp high quality olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves or dried if you don’t have fresh
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Loaf of fresh, crusty bread
Slice the cheese and put it on a plate. Lay the sliced tomatoes alongside. Drizzle over the olive oil. Top with basil leaves and a bit of salt and pepper. Slice the bread and tuck in, using the bread to soak up the delicious oil.
No comments yet.