Planning a bike tour? This site is all about inspiring and helping you to get out and travel by bike.
It’s written by us, Friedel & Andrew. We’ve cycled in 33 countries and by 2010 we’d covered over 60,000km. At that point, we stopped counting but on average we cycle 4,000-5,000km a year.
Where to start? That’s a good question. This website contains hundreds of articles and resources.
You may also want to read some of the most popular articles on this website.
- Inspiration To Take Your First Bicycle Tour (also recommended: the Sweet Life of Bicycle Touring)
- How Much A Bike Tour Will Cost
- The $100 Touring Bike (or why you don’t need an expensive bike to go touring)
- Ten Places To Ride Your Bike Before You Die
- A Lightweight Packing List (see also A Simple Packing List, Packing Tips For Women and Overpacking: What One Bike Tourist Left Behind)
- Packing A Bike In A Cardboard Box For Flying
- Flying With A Bicycle In A Plastic Bag
- Tips For Packing Bicycle Panniers
- Best Tires For Bike Touring
- What You Need To Know About Panniers
- Choosing Luggage Racks For Touring
- Advice For Wild Camping
- Insurance For Bicycle Tours
Get in Touch if you still don’t see what you’re looking for. We’d love to share what we know and help plan your next cycling trip.